Saturday, February 22, 2014

It's a gold!

Here I am captured in mid air. Below, is the medal ceremony. It was a tie that year. Unfortunately, the other contestants weren't able to make it to the ceremony. 
                                                                  

mug of coffee, eggs
day begins
true trial of trust in self
form must be at best
to bring home gold 
fear courses through veins
not a peep from the crowd

I fly high! 
moguls test my skill!
do not despair!
rounding corners!
YES!
it's a gold!

stick that one in the memory books






Sharing at Poetry Jam ~ olympians, and The Sunday Whirl ~eggs, trust, test, not, high, course, peep, mug, trial, stick, form, bring, blown

23 comments:

  1. smiles....in our greatest adversity we have the opportunity for the greatest victory...and we do have the chance each day to medal in life...now more coffee please....smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me smile... and I needed that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, it is good to go for the gold every day of our life! Nice one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm reading this with a cup of coffee in my hand. A late start for a Saturday morning. But your poem, is inspirational. I'm all set to go for the gold.
    Thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Full of hope and inspiration ... you won!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. how amazing to find that podium waiting for you.
    makes me wonder who put it there.
    Did it feel good? Very nice of you to share the gold :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, those memory books are lovely to fill - and look back on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a topical and fun piece today. We compete too in our dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that first picture..the smile and gold inside your smile..daily life can be an Olympic effort..i had never thought of striving for gold..getting past the finish line is usually enough..maybe that's why things go wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely and amusing analogy, Robyn! Very nice photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, delightful! And you are so right, sometimes daily life would take an olympian.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this, Robyn. Great pics.

    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll stick this one in my memory book, Robyn!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really like the photos and your inspirational poem. Yes, gold is a goal and it is form that counts,

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  15. I feel so happy for you being together #1! No competition! :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gold can be achieved everywhere in life, not just the Olympics. Great write!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A nice piece that I enjoyed reading.

    Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

    ReplyDelete
  18. How fun, ha ~ Thanks for the smiles ~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I always love hearing from you!