Saturday, March 1, 2014

It's a blog hop!


Thaw
1.to pass or change from a frozen to a liquid or semiliquid state; melt.
2.to be freed from the physical effect of frost or extreme cold (sometimes followed by out  ): Sit by the fire and thaw out.
3.(of the weather) to become warm enough to melt ice and snow: It will probably thaw today.
4.to become less formal, reserved, or aloof: He thawed at their kindness.
5.to become less hostile or tense: International relations thawed.


       

Just as I thought we were about to see Spring, a snow flurry began here again. My mind was just beginning to thaw to the idea of warmth. Instead, I get dinner out of the freezer to thaw, wrap my fingers around my warm coffee mug to….that's right, thaw, and continue my wait to see the beauty of spring.                         

What does the word "thaw"bring to mind for you? Is your weather outside thawing? Do you have a relationship that is thawing? 

  I'm hosting this blog hop for a group on FB, The Writer's Post. As the host today, I cordially invite any and all types of writing and photos! Give creativity wings and let yourself fly!
Please be sure to visit others!




11 comments:

  1. ah...i hope it can thaw soon...ha...its 16 outside...not thawing right now...but not as cold as the walk in freezer i was just in at -10...more freezing than thawing here....smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting topic.... I may hop along :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super fun blog post. Visiting from Kim's Groupies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most interesting word, Robyn. I find myself thinking of a lot of things to write about this. I'm sure many people will find it interesting too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a delightful read, Robyn. It's a feel good feeling to read the words evolving:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's funny how words can mean different things in different situations! I'm watching the weather outside thaw to warmer spring times, can't wait for the sun to come out and say hello :)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well we have a snow storm coming this weekend but I will be on the look out for the thaw...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am afraid I am never going to thaw out :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for the warm wishes for dad....i hope you had a good week...about to head down and do some things around the house for him so he does not feel the need to get up...ha

    ReplyDelete
  10. 81 degrees in Dallas today! Warm enough to break a sweat doing yard work. It's been a crazy winter.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just saw my first robin today: April 13. Remarkably slow coming of Spring here on the prairies.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I always love hearing from you!